Today, BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express Software was released for IBM Lotus Domino. This means that if your business is using Lotus email, you can now use this free server software to synchronize email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks between BlackBerry® smartphones and IBM Lotus Domino without compromising security.
With BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express connected to IBM Lotus Domino, BlackBerry smartphone users will be able to:
- Wirelessly synchronize email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks
- Manage email folders and search email on the mail server remotely
- Book meetings and appointments, accept meeting requests, check availability and forward calendar attachments
- Set an out-of-office reply
- Access files stored on the company network
- Use mobile applications to access business systems behind the firewall
For IT administrators, BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express includes:
- A Web-based interface that allows remote administration and makes it easy to deploy applications over the air, connect and manage BlackBerry smartphones, and apply usage policies
- Over 75 IT controls and policies, including the ability to remotely wipe a smartphone and enforce and reset passwords
- Employee self-service tools for securing a lost or stolen device
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express works with Domino Enterprise Server and Domino Messaging Server. It can support multiple Lotus Domino domain environments from a single Web-based administration interface and can be run in parallel with the premium BlackBerry Enterprise Server software for the same instance of IBM Lotus Domino.
You can find out more about BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express and download it for FREE here. (www.blackberry.com/besexpress)
Also be sure to check out Douglas’ Q&A post about BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express and the formal press release.