If you’re like me, you probably spend a lot of time on conference calls – and if you’re on the go, a lot of those calls are done on your smartphone. With work days being so hectic, we’re always looking for a solution to make connecting easier – so we’re happy to announce that BlackBerry® Mobile Conferencing is now available (and FREE!) in BlackBerry Beta Zone.
BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing was designed to offer the following features:
- Calendar Integration: The BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing application integrates with the Calendar application on your BlackBerry smartphone for maximum convenience.
- One Click Join: When it’s time for your meeting appointment to begin, you get a pop-up display that can dial into the meeting without you having to remember or dial lengthy phone and access code combinations.
- Reconnecting: If your call accidentally drops from the conference, the application allows you to reconnect with one easy click.
- Smart Number Selection: When there are multiple phone numbers in the invitation for participants in different locations, the application is designed to choose the most appropriate number for you (limited to North American phone numbers only). You can also choose to change the suggested dial-in number manually.
- Easy Conference Scheduling: Turn almost any meeting invite into a conference call with just a single click. You can also store reservationless or recurring conference information to your conference profile on your BlackBerry smartphone so you can include it in conference call meetings you schedule from your device.
- Protect Your Host Codes: When sending conference call meeting invitations using conference profile information, participants see only the information they need to join the call. Moderator codes are kept hidden and only used to join the meeting organizer into conference calls in cases where the code is required to open the conference bridge.
Note: The BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing application requires BlackBerry® Device Software version 5.0 or later, and is only available for US and Canada users at this time.
BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing is designed to make scheduling, joining and rejoining conference calls from your device quick and easy. Plus, because it’s an app, it’s easy to deploy and manage for the IT admin in your life!
Hope you’ll check it out and let us know what you think!