The BlackBerry World™ conference is coming up fast (May 3-5 in Orlando, Florida), and resident “Nursing Expert” Sara and I have been busy working away at our sessions for the healthcare professionals attending this year!
I’m looking forward to presenting using the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet in Clinical Environments on Tuesday May 3 at 2:15 pm – here’s a description of the session:
The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is changing how clinicians access Electronic Health Records, view diagnostic images and earn their continuing medical education credits. When coupled with Clinical Collaboration tools on a BlackBerry® smartphones, such as receiving alerts and unified communication solutions, the change in workflow is compelling. In this session you will learn how mobile solutions are making a difference in today’s healthcare organizations and you will hear first-hand experiences of customers with successful deployments for clinical teams.
- See the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet at work in a clinical scenario
- Understand how it helps increase the speed of responses, helps decision-making and improves the quality of care
- Hear about the full range of BlackBerry solutions for healthcare
Directly following that session, Sara and a few of our partners will be sharing “Clinical Collaboration on the BlackBerry platform – Nursing and Hospital Workflow” at 3:30 pm:
‘Clinical Collaboration’ on the BlackBerry platform means enabling nurses to access patient data, receive alerts and notifications, access reference tools, and collaborate with team members with voice or secure text. Hospital efficiencies can be improved including better communication, more efficient use of hospital equipment/space and improved patient care. In this session, learn how Wi-Fi® and SIM Optional/Dual-Mode BlackBerry smartphones are impacting healthcare organizations. You will have the opportunity to hear first-hand customer success stories of BlackBerry solutions for Nursing and Hospital Workflow and discuss healthcare application vendors.
- See the latest mobile applications leading healthcare customers have deployed on BlackBerry smartphones
- Discover best-practices for device consolidation on the BlackBerry smartphone
- Take the opportunity to talk to healthcare technology innovation leaders and discover opportunities to make positive communication changes in your healthcare environment
- Further your knowledge of Nursing and Hospital Workflow application vendors
So, the countdown is on! We’re really looking forward to connecting with healthcare innovators at BlackBerry World and discussing options for improving patient care through mobilization. Only four days until BlackBerry World begins, so be sure to register today!
What are you most interested in checking out at this year’s event? Is there anything in particular you’re looking to learn about? Let us know in the comments section of this post!