A free service pack update is now available for BlackBerry® Mobile Fusion. The service pack includes enhancements to further help you manage mobile devices in your organization. Updates include BlackBerry® Device Service 6.1, Universal Device Service 6.1, and BlackBerry® Mobile Fusion Studio 6.2.
BlackBerry Mobile Fusion is designed to allow you to manage and secure BlackBerry®, iOS, and Android™ smartphones and tablets. The management tool is a unified web-based console called BlackBerry Mobile Fusion Studio. A few of the features include application management, setting user and group policies, and support for BlackBerry® Balance™ technology for BlackBerry devices. BlackBerry Balance technology helps add a layer of security and is designed to allow a user to use a BlackBerry device for both work and personal purposes by helping to keep business information secure and separate from personal information.
New Features Contained in the Service Pack 1 Update
Universal Device Service
- Improved iOS 5 support, including new features for Wi-Fi®, VPN, Microsoft® ActiveSync®, and managed app distribution
- iOS enterprise app distribution via web client
- Simplified error messages and notifications for updates
- Enhancements to iOS device enrollment
- iOS 6 compatibility
- Touchdown email configuration for Android devices (requires update to the BlackBerry Mobile Fusion client from Google Play – available today)
BlackBerry Device Service
- Over The Air (OTA) enrollment directly from a BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet. Once enrolled, enterprise configurations such as email, Wi-Fi, VPN profiles, and enterprise applications can be wirelessly pushed to the device
- Full device encryption option as a new IT policy (including personal and work areas)
- Developer mode can be disabled on enterprise-connected BlackBerry PlayBook tablets
- Support for Microsoft ActiveSync certificate-based authentication
Note: Updates for BlackBerry Device Service that involve functionality for managing BlackBerry PlayBook tablets will become functional after the upcoming release of BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1
Regional availability of BlackBerry Mobile Fusion has also been expanded to include additional countries in Europe, Latin America, and Asia. To find out if it’s available in your country, check the list of BlackBerry Mobile Fusion availability.
Stay up to date and get ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10! Download Service Pack 1 today.
Does your organization embrace a BYOD policy? What are some of the challenges that come along with it? Share in the comments below.