With the latest update, downloading and installing BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 just got a whole lot easier, and the reasons to do so even more compelling. Check out the video below for an overview of the new features:
BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.1 is free to download and existing BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5 customers can exchange their client access licenses for free through 2013. To date, 12,000 BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 servers have been installed by customers around the world.
What’s included in version 10.1?
- Regulated-level EMM. BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.1 provides customers with an optional set of extended IT policy settings and controls that restricts the use of a BlackBerry 10 smartphone for work only (does not allow personal apps and content).
- Simplified deployment for a lower total cost of ownership. Following a simple installation process, customers will be able to use BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.1 to manage BlackBerry 10 smartphones, BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablets, iOS and Android devices, as well as earlier model BlackBerry smartphones. Upgrading to BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.1 is simple and intuitive, and existing BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5 customers can quickly upgrade to BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.1 with no firewall changes.
- Dashboard and reporting. New dashboard capabilities provide an “at-a-glance” graphical view of information and statistics associated with the customer’s complete fleet of devices, providing administrators with immediate access to the information they need. The dashboard displays a high level overview of information such as a device deployment summary by platform and carrier, device compliance state, application deployments, and more.
- High Availability. All components of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 can now be deployed in a highly available active/passive configuration, similar to the high availability support offered by BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0. It offers simple, easy to configure threshold settings and improved failover performance.
- BlackBerry Support is now included as standard. Care** now comes as standard with BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 deployments***, providing 12×5 telephone access to BlackBerry experts, responsive online support, access to training, productivity and diagnostic tools. Extended technical support offerings are available.
Get the update
The BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.1 server software is available as a free download at www.bes10.com. Annual client access licenses (CALs) are free for BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5 customers trading up existing BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5 CALs through 2013*, or can be purchased for $59 per year per device. For Regulated-level EMM capabilities, additional carrier charges may apply.
BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.1 server software is also available as a sixty (60) day free trial including 20 CALs and can be downloaded here.
** For customers wanting access to higher levels of support, priority queuing, account management and strategic services, BlackBerry Technical Support Services are available.
*** Deployment includes installation of the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.1 server software and purchase of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 Client Access Licenses. Only new 10.1 annual licenses are eligible for Care, which is for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 support only.