Armed with BlackBerry Z10 devices and these awesome costumes, our BlackBerry Balance demo team took to the streets to show the people of Washington, D.C. the power and versatility of BlackBerry Balance. Our team members don’t just love BlackBerry Balance – they live it. Sporting half-business, half-casual attire, the demo team exemplifies how BlackBerry allows you to manage your personal and work lives. They even wore special BlackBerry Backpacks with LCD screens for device demonstrations!
The Demo Team mingled with the public, surprising pedestrians with their costumes and impressing onlookers with the functionality of the re-invented BlackBerry Z10. Our BlackBerry Balance Demo Team spread out across the city to demonstrate how Balance helps government workers move seamlessly between their work and personal apps.
One reason BlackBerry 10 is such a great solution for government employees, IT admins, and internal policy makers is the BlackBerry Balance feature, which keeps personal and work data separate. Key features that make BlackBerry 10 the best option for government include:
Secure separation of government and personal data
- Privileged information is secure and separate from personal employee information
- Through BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, businesses can seamlessly manage and curate a corporate app storefront — BlackBerry World for Work — within the BlackBerry Balance Work Space to push and install mandatory apps and publish recommended apps to both corporate and BYOD users
BlackBerry 10 supports IT policy protection
- Employees will receive alerts when they take actions that conflict with internal policies
- BlackBerry Balance is designed to restrict third-party applications, like social media platforms, from accessing government data, and it helps to prevent copy-and-pasting from government assets to personal apps
Secure data with role-based administration
- In the event of a potential security breach, admins can remotely wipe all privileged data associated with the government agency and cut off the device from the office’s BlackBerry server. Personal information and apps remain intact.
We shared demos with hundreds of D.C. workers, encouraging them to jump into the unified experience of the BlackBerry 10 platform. Responses were positive and everyone involved had a lot of fun giving BlackBerry Balance on BlackBerry 10 a try. Our favorite consistent response: “So I don’t have to carry two phones anymore? …Great!”