Editor’s Note: Today’s post comes from Gregg Hardie – Head of Public Sector Sales (UK)
We’re very excited to be sponsors of the Public Sector Enterprise ICT Conference (PSEICT) on Tuesday 5 November in London. In case you’re unfamiliar with the event, PSEIC is the UK’s only event to directly address the deployment of the New Government ICT Strategy at an Enterprise-Level.
With over one million government customers across the world, BlackBerry has long been the mobile solution of choice for public sector organisations. In the UK alone, BlackBerry is used by every major Government department, over half of all UK police forces and major bodies including the Ministry of Defence.
During the conference we will be joined by a panel of Public Sector professionals to discuss the following topics:
- BYOD, is it relevant within the Public Sector?
- How mobilising applications will transform the way front line workers deliver services.
- Plus, we’ll look at how ‘joined up government’ will really change our lives.
If you are attending PSEICT, now you have a chance to win the latest all-touch BlackBerry Z30 or the Q10 with its amazing physical keyboard, all you need to do is tweet a picture of yourself in front or at the BlackBerry stand at PSEICT between 9am and 3pm to @BBEMEABusiness. Full Terms and conditions are stated below:
BlackBerry® PSEICT CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES APPLY TO THE BlackBerry® PSEICT CONTEST (“CONTEST”). CONTEST WILL BE SPONSORED AND ADMINISTERED BY BLACKBERRY UK LIMITED (“SPONSOR”). BY ENTERING, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE READ, ACCEPTED AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER INC. (“TWITTER”).
- 1. CONTEST PERIOD AND LOCATION: The Contest begins at 9:00am Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) and ends at 15:00pm GMT on Tuesday November 5, 2013 (“Contest Period”) at the PSEICT 2013 event taking place on Tuesday November 5, 2013 at: Hotel Russell, 1-8 Russell Square, London WC1B 5BE (the “PSEICT 2013 Event”).
If you are a Winner you must collect your prize from the BlackBerry® stand by 17:30pm GMT on Tuesday November 5, 2013, otherwise you will be disqualified and your prize will be forfeited.
- 2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible, you must: (a) attend the PSEICT 2013 Event; (b) be a legal resident of the United Kingdom; and c) have reached the age of eighteen (18).
Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor, Twitter and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, retailers and advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies and providers involved with the Contest, and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and households of each, whether or not related are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to abide by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any applicable Contest Judges, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
- 3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, follow @BBEMEABusiness on Twitter (https://twitter.com/BBEMEABusiness). Tweet a photo of yourself in front of or at the BlackBerry® stand at PSEICT 2013 Event between 9:00am GMT and 15:00pm GMT on Tuesday November 5, 2013 (“Entry”). All those eligible Entries will be entered into a random draw to award the Prize(s). All Entries must be tweeted by the entrant him/herself within the time outlined to be eligible. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person and per Twitter account throughout the Contest Period. Any Entries received by any person or Twitter account in excess of the stated limitation will be void. The use of automated devices or any other mechanism that will circumvent the proper conduct of this Contest, whether intentional or otherwise, is prohibited.
Any entrant who intentionally and/or fraudulently provides incorrect personal data may be eliminated at Sponsor’s discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account at the time of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or re-run the Contest and withhold the Prize(s) if, in Sponsor’s reasonable opinion, there are insufficient Entries.
- 4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: At or around 15:00pm GMT on Tuesday November 5, 2013, a random draw will be conducted to select two (2) Entries from among all eligible Entries received. The first Entry drawn will be eligible to win the grand prize (the “Grand Prize”), and the second Entry drawn will be eligible to win the runner-up prize (the “Runner-Up Prize”). The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. The eligible Entrants will be informed via Twitter direct message at or around 15:30pm GMT on Tuesday November 5, 2013. If an Entrant is found to not be in compliance with these Official Contest Rules, if prize notification is not responded to by 17:30pm or any Prize is returned as undeliverable or the Entrant is unable to accept the Prize for any reason, the Entrant will be disqualified, his/her Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Entrant at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the Prize is not successfully claimed by Winner at the PSEICT 2013 Event by 17:30pm GMT on Tuesday November 5, 2013, it will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Entrant at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Before being declared a Winner, an Entrant must provide evidence to Sponsor that Entry photo was taken on a device belonging to Entrant, and may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and, where lawful, Publicity Release, prior to receiving the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, Twitter handle, mailing address and/or telephone number of Entrants.
Verification of Potential Winners: All potential WINNERS are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THis CONTEST. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility HAS been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
- 5. PRIZES:
Grand Prize: There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won. The Grand Prize consists of one (1) BlackBerry® Z30 smartphone. Approximate retail value: £500.00.
Runner-Up Prize: There is one (1) Runner-Up Prize available to be won. The Runner-Up Prize consists of one (1) BlackBerry® Q10 smartphone. Approximate retail value: £500.00.
Individually the “Grand Prize” or “Runner-Up Prize”, collectively (the “Prize(s)”).
Smartphone activation, airtime, service, accessories and any other costs not specifically identified as included in the Prize are the responsibility of winner (“Winner”). Sponsor is not responsible for any third-party products or services you may use with the Prize.
Potential Winners who have been notified that they eligible to win a Prize must visit the BlackBerry® stand at PSEICT 2013 Event before 17:30pm on Tuesday November 5, 2013 to enable Sponsor to complete verification of their Entry. Once verified, an Entrant will be deemed a Winner and will receive their Prize. Prizes are not transferrable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Winners will be solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and any other costs, expenses and fees associated with accepting and receiving the Prize. In the event any tax withholding is required by law for any Prize, Winners authorize Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction.
- 6. LICENSE TO USE: By entering, each entrant grants to Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, transferable license of unlimited right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including, but not limited to, all copyright and trademark rights therein and thereto and all renewals and extensions thereof, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, for all purposes, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised.
- 7. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries, emails or tweets or for any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error or fraud, which may occur in the processing of the Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to, or in connection with, the Contest including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries, views, postings and/or shares (as applicable), the announcement of the Prizes, or in any Contest-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and void his or her Entry(ies) who tampers with the entry process.
- 8. RIGHT TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND: If for any reason any aspect of this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor, subject to applicable laws, Sponsor may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, or invalidate any affected Entries. In the event the Contest is cancelled or terminated, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random draw from among all eligible Entries received up the time of such action. In the event of such an occurrence Sponsor may post a notice on @BBEMEABusiness
- 10. RELEASE: By entering, and to the extent permitted by applicable laws, entrants agree: (a) to release Sponsor, Twitter, and any third party retained by or on behalf of Sponsor for the purposes of executing and administering the Contest and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, sales representatives, distributors, advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies and providers involved with this Contest and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to their participation in the Contest and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any Prize; and, (b) that under no circumstances will they be permitted to obtain awards for, and they hereby waive all rights to claim, any punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages including, but not limited to attorneys’ fees or other court costs, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Entrants. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, and Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the Entry, on a non-confidential basis, to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees or contractors or obtained from other entrants or sources other than you. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry and may remove any Entry at any time.
- 11. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by, subject to and is to be interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of England and Wales without regard to conflict of law principles. Any dispute under these Official Contest Rules shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. You irrevocably waive any objection on the grounds of venue, forum non-conveniens or any similar grounds and irrevocably consent to service of process by mail or in any other manner permitted by applicable law and consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. You further hereby waive any right to a trial by jury with respect to any lawsuit or judicial proceeding arising or relating to these Official Contest Rules.
Any provision in these Official Contest Rules which is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court, governmental department, body or tribunal, or in any applicable jurisdiction shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability and will not invalidate or render unenforceable the remaining provisions hereof and should any provision be held invalid or unenforceable in an applicable jurisdiction such provision shall not be invalidated or rendered unenforceable in any other jurisdiction.
- 12. WINNER LIST: For a list of Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Ali Rehman, BlackBerry UK Limited, BlackBerry PSEICT Contest, 200 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3XE, United Kingdom. All requests for Winner Lists must be received on or before Saturday November 30, 2013.
- 13. SPONSOR’S DETAILS: Sponsor’s registered office is: 200 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3XE, United Kingdom. Entrants who have any questions regarding the operation of the Contest should contact: Ali Rehman, BlackBerry UK Limited, 200 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3XE, United Kingdom, specifying the name of the Contest.
© 2013 BlackBerry. All rights reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
We hope to see you on the 5th November, but let us know what you’re most excited about in the comments or @BBEMEABusiness