I’m excited to share that version 2.0 of the BlackBerry 10 Work Drives app is now available – for devices running 10.2.1 and higher. Now, no matter where you are, you can securely and easily access your company’s network drives to access and edit your files – including SharePoint docs– making it even easier to collaborate with your teams in real-time and stay connected on the go.
If you are like me, my network drive is the main place where I store my work documents. Since it launched on BlackBerry 10, Work Drives has enabled me to stay productive no matter where I am with my BlackBerry Z30. I can easily access and edit docs from my network drive using Documents To Go. Work Drives will automatically synch the latest changes I’ve made to offline files. And with this latest release, I can now access my SharePoint site so that collaborating with others on that last minute feedback and approvals to documents is easy.
And it’s not just me – thousands of others have downloaded the app – it has a 4 of our 5 star rating on BlackBerry World. Check out some of the feedback:
This is what makes BlackBerry great!
Native drive mapping to server drives without a VPN connect is awesome. All of this is safe and secure through BlackBerry’s NOC. I love it. So convenient.” By Osbee
Just absolutely fantastic. As a Systems Admin it makes for accessing relevant files for troubleshooting and administration! Way to go! Love it.” By rajivbmenon
A must have enterprise app brings me closer to a paperless mfg environment” By dirvine162
Check out the new features below and then download the free Work Drives 2.0 for BlackBerry 10!
- Easy Authentication and Account Access
- User credentials are now stored in Work Drives under the BlackBerry 10 OS -when adding a new account, the first set of existing credentials will be automatically selected.
- Since Work Drives is integrated into the BlackBerry 10 Account Manager, your network drives and SharePoint site will appear as natively supported account types– just like Email and Facebook.
- Immediate User Access with Remote Configuration by BES Admin
- No need to configure complex drive mapping or SharePoint URLs – Remote network files can now be configured by the BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) administrator.
- Support for Microsoft SharePoint
- Users can “pin” documents located on network drives or SharePoint sites. Pinning a document provides user access to enterprise content while offline –a great convenience for airplane mode while travelling!
New to Work Drives? Learn more about key features:
- Map Network Drives: Connect and manage multiple network drives from your BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- File Manager Integration: Access documents and network folders from the File Manager application
- Document Creation: Create and edit documents located on network drives using BlackBerry 10 applications like the bundled Documents To Go
- Email: Attach documents to email from shared network drives, and save attachments directly from an email to a shared network drive
- Secure: Leverages BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 deployment for a secure connection, encryption and compression.
Download the free app today and let us know your experience with Work Drives in the comments below.
Please note that Work Drives 2.0 is supported on BlackBerry 10 devices provisioned on BlackBerry Enterprise Service and running OS 10.2.1 or higher.