Author’s Note: This post is a contribution from David Coleman, Director of Product Management for Citrix Receiver for Windows and Mac, at Citrix. A six year Citrix veteran with previous experiences with startups as well as with Nortel in various product management roles, David’s current focus is on simplifying the user experience and adding exciting new product capabilities. Learn more about Citrix and its solutions for enterprise, medium and small businesses as well as service providers, MSPs, telcos and .COMs.
Even easier access to your Windows apps and desktops on your Blackberry 10. Get the free Citrix Receiver for BlackBerry 10 Version 2.0 on BlackBerry App World today.
This update solves a number of connection and authentication issues users encountered with our earlier version. We worked very hard on every issue reported.
And this version also adds support for:
- Citrix StoreFront and XenDesktop 7.1.
- High-resolution displays on external monitors attached to the capable devices.
- Peripheral mouse and keyboard for devices with Bluetooth or USB capabilities.
- Virtual cursor when using a USB or Bluetooth mouse in connection to connected device.
- An option to save your credentials locally for the store.
- Clipboard functionality, allowing you to copy text between native apps and apps within your Receiver session, or to copy information in a variety of formats between multiple apps in your Receiver session.
- BlackBerry Z30 and Q5 device support.
- Standard BlackBerry 10 gestures for opening and closing the keyboard.
Updated system requirements and configuration details can be found on Citrix eDocs.
The minimum Blackberry 10 OS version is 10.2.0.1745.
If your company uses Citrix, you have the freedom to work on your favourite device from wherever you are. Just ask your IT department how to get started