Talking to customers has become an important part of how BlackBerry does business. In fact, over the last year or so everyone from executives to engineers has been talking to enterprise customers about their needs.
They learned a lot. One of the most important takeaways was that, as enterprise mobility has become more complex and more important, customers aren’t interested in just buying technologies. They really want solutions that meet their business challenges; flexible solutions that are easy to deploy and allow them to focus more of their time and resources on their customers, not on managing technology.
Customers also want to use mobility to enable productivity, not restrict it. They don’t want to close down what employees do. They want to open up the possibilities — securely.
Today, at BlackBerry’s Enterprise Event in San Francisco, we made a series of announcements that represent the culmination of these customer conversations. Listening to customers has shaped what we do — and how we do it.
BlackBerry’s Enterprise portfolio has now expanded to include products and services encompassing Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM), Identity and Access, and Communications and Collaboration.
Today’s announcements include:
- BES12™: a cross-platform EMM solution by BlackBerry® with support for all major mobile platforms.
- BlackBerry® Blend for the Enterprise, which makes it possible for employees to maximize their productivity by securely accessing personal and work data from their BlackBerry smartphone on any desktop or tablet.
- WorkLife by BlackBerry® will allow enterprises to easily add a separate corporate phone number to personal devices brought in by their employees — or for the employee to add a separate personal phone number to a corporate-liable device provided by the company. This will enable voice, SMS and data usage to be charged to the company while all other usage is charged directly to the employee.
Identity and Access
- Enterprise Identity by BlackBerry® will provide organizations a simple way to manage secure access to cloud-based services, including Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and internal apps, with a single point of entitlement, control and audit.
- VPN Authentication by BlackBerry® will provide easy-to-use, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)-based, two-factor authentication. This will allow mobile professionals to use something they know – their network credentials – with something they have – their iOS, Android™ or BlackBerry 10 smartphone – to achieve seamless and secure access to corporate content behind the firewall, eliminating the need for costly and inconvenient hardware tokens.
Communications and Collaboration
- BBM™ Meetings provides a mobile-first collaboration app that allows voice and video conferences for groups of up to 25 people on BlackBerry 10 or Android smartphones, and also on Windows® or Mac.
- Secure Voice Solutions by BlackBerry, offered in conjunction with BlackBerry’s partner Secusmart, ensures completely secure mobile voice and data communication.
Making secure mobility work seamlessly for our customers is also changing how we work. For example, we also announced several key partnerships designed to give our customers more choice — helping them find exactly the right solution for their needs. Announcements include:
- A strategic partnership with Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. to provide a highly secure mobility solution for Android. As a result, early next year enterprise customers will have a new choice: a tightly integrated, end-to-end secure solution that brings together BES12 with Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets that include Samsung KNOX.
- A strategic agreement with Salesforce to connect Salesforce.com customer relationship management (CRM) apps and platforms to BlackBerry’s EMM solution. Through this partnership, BlackBerry and Salesforce.com joint customers, particularly in regulated industries, will have access to a fully secure cross-platform, mobile end-to-end solution.
- A partnership with Brightstar, the world’s largest wireless distribution company, to distribute BES12.
Customers and partners are already excited about the possibilities. A number of customers have already tested BES12 and have great things to say about the experience . And, partners are working with us to make it easier for enterprises to discover which BlackBerry products and services are right for them.
With these new products, services and partnerships, we can now offer enterprise customers a greatly expanded set of options for mobilizing their business — seamlessly, simply and securely.
Of course, our conversation with customers is never-ending. Across the company, we look forward to hearing what enterprises think of our new and improved products and services — and what they’d like to see from BlackBerry next.