Since BlackBerry acquired Good Technology, we’ve been hard at work bringing Good into our enterprise software portfolio. Today, we’d like to go over the first of many integrations, an offering that takes enterprise mobility management to the next level. Say hello to Good Secure EMM Suites.
By combining Good’s leading productivity apps and robust secure mobility platform with BlackBerry’s leading security, we’ve created an EMM solution which not only offers business class productivity apps to get work done on the go, but protects their privacy as well. It also provides the gold standard for security– BlackBerry recently received Common Criteria EAL-4+ certification on iOS and Android for Good Work, Good Access, Good Connect, the Good Dynamics SDK, and several other Good apps; the highest certification level possible under the internationally-recognized program.
In broad strokes, Good Secure EMM Suites offers the following in different combinations to suit customers’ varying needs:
- BES12 multi-OS EMM platform version 12.4
- Certified mobile security with Good Dynamics secure mobile app platform and container
- Best-in-class MDM/MAM supporting iOS, Android including Android for Work, BlackBerry, Samsung KNOX, Windows 10 and Mac OSX
- All-in-one, business class Good Work 2.0 email and collaboration app
- Good Docs secure file access supporting SharePoint, file shares, OneDrive and Box
- Good Connect secure enterprise instant messaging for Microsoft Lync and Cisco Jabber environments
- Good Access secure browser with SSO support for enterprise web applications and cloud[i] services
- Deployment of ISV apps from BlackBerry’s broad partner ecosystem
- Deployment of custom developed apps secured by Good Dynamics
- WatchDox enterprise file synchronization and sharing (EFSS) including complete DRM capabilities for file-level security
- Identity and Access Management capabilities to extend 2-factor authentication to mobile apps and to use the mobile device as a second factor for accessing corporate applications[ii]
Enterprises can choose between five separate tiers:
- Good Secure Management Suite: Designed for organizations whose chief concern is device control, the Secure Management suite gets organizations started with BlackBerry’s EMM capabilities and the Good Access secure browser.
- Good Secure Enterprise Suite: In addition to the features offered by the Secure Management Suite, the Secure Enterprise Suite adds Good Work email/personal information management, providing employees with enterprise-class secure productivity.
- Good Secure Collaboration Suite: The Secure Collaboration Suite adds Good Docs file access, native Microsoft Office editing, Good Connect enterprise IM, and app deployment of ISV apps integrated with the Good Dynamics platform to the Secure Enterprise Suite. The Good apps work together so Good Work can access documents seamlessly and initiate IM sessions based on a co-worker’s presence status.
- Good Secure Mobility Suite: The Secure Mobility Suite adds developer tools and unlimited deployments of custom built apps to the Secure Collaboration Suite. With it, internal developers are able to leverage Good’s development tools to add security, mobility, and platform features to custom apps, easily deploying those apps to the end user alongside Good and ISV partner apps.
- Good Secure Content Suite: The Secure Content Suite is our top tier offering, and offers everything in the Secure Mobility Suite plus a fully functional Enterprise File Sharing and Synchronization (EFSS) system with complete digital rights management for file-level security policies. As organizations reach full mobile maturity and pervasively deploy apps and content that touch back end systems and clouds[iii], file level security policies enable IT to secure and control corporate content.
The Good Secure EMM Suites will follow an established user-based subscription licensing model with pricing starting at $3 USD per user per month for the Good Secure Management Suite. The user based licensing model provides great value as users leverage more devices at work, while the subscription pricing future proofs customers’ mobility investment. The Good Secure EMM Suites can be deployed on-premise or via a cloud-based model, and are now being introduced to customers worldwide.
Interested in learning more? Check out Introducing Good Secure EMM Suites, or go Hands-on with Good Secure EMM Suites in our recently-broadcast live demo. And if you want to see how your own business fits into the current EMM landscape, be sure to sign up for our upcoming webinar, Making Sense of the EMM Alphabet Soup – a detailed look at MDM, MAM & MCM on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 11:00 AM EDT.
[i] Certain capabilities may not be available in cloud deployments.