It’s been an exciting past several months for WatchDox by BlackBerry. After receiving top scores for security on the Gartner Critical Capabilities for EFSS, we’ve added several incredibly powerful new features. First, as a follow-up to November’s update, we’ve further integrated WatchDox into the Good portfolio.
WatchDox is now available through the new Good Secure Content Suite, and the WatchDox mobile application is available for use in the Good Work container. Organizations who choose the Secure Content Suite can now tap into WatchDox’s industry-leading DRM to gain complete control of their files – no matter where those files go. It isn’t just Good integration that makes this release noteworthy, however.
We’re also adding a number of advanced features that sets it apart from competing EFSS offerings. These include advanced email eDiscovery and SharePoint Protector integration.
The need to marry Secure File Sharing and eDiscovery is particularly important for regulated industries such as financial services. That’s why WatchDox by BlackBerry can be deployed alongside SMTP archiving and eDiscovery services, allowing users to continue sharing DRM-protected files via email, while enabling the compliant auditing of documents within their original context. This sets WatchDox apart from competing solutions, many of which don’t offer native eDiscovery, and hence aren’t suitable for use in regulated industries.
SharePoint Protector, meanwhile, ensures that documents downloaded from marked SharePoint libraries first go through WatchDox before the download completes. WatchDox automatically applies relevant policy-based controls to sensitive files without interfering with SharePoint’s core functions. This ensures that SharePoint files are protected both against inside threats and against misuse through sharing.
Productivity and usability are cornerstones of the WatchDox solution, and of BlackBerry’s entire product portfolio. With this release, we’ve sought new ways to help enterprises secure their documents and enable their employees. It’s that tendency towards innovation that’s made us a leader in the security space – and it’s that tendency that will see us continue to enhance our product portfolio, making it more secure, more usable, and more powerful.
Here’s a detailed breakdown of features in the latest WatchDox release:
- Support for Good Dynamics Secure Mobility Platform – Deploy and use the WatchDox mobile application within the Good Work container.
- WatchDox added to the Good Secure Content Suite – Good and BES12 EMM users now have direct access to WatchDox, the leader in secure EFSS solutions, as part of the Good Secure Content Suite.
- Enhanced e-Discovery (Enterprise Plus)– Enhanced e-Discovery integration modules allow users to share DRM protected files via email. Compliance officers, meanwhile, can audit documents with their original email context through the eDiscovery search interface.
- BES12 integration – WatchDox now appears as part of the BES12 console, simplifying on-premise WatchDox deployments and allowing single-screen management of your business’s DRM.
- Docs to Go integration – Documents To Go™ is now integrated into WatchDox mobile apps, offering expanded mobile file creation and editing capabilities.
- SharePoint Protector (Enterprise Plus) – WatchDox extends the capabilities of your SharePoint repository, providing access via a “single pane of glass” and the added benefit of policy-based DRM protections that can be applied without affecting core SharePoint functionality.
- Simplified WatchDox appliance server – Faster installations for smaller-scale on-premise deployments
Want to see for yourself what the new version of WatchDox can offer your enterprise? Request a free trial of WatchDox by BlackBery, and experience why the solution was named a visionary in Enterprise File Share and Sync (EFSS) in Gartner’s 2015 Magic Quadrant Report. You can also request a trial of the WatchDox for Good app, now in the Good Marketplace.